FreeStyle Libre Flash Glucose Monitoring System (For NZ Sale Only)
The FreeStyle Libre Flash Glucose Monitoring System is a glucose monitoring device indicated for detecting trends and tracking patterns in persons aged 4 and older with insulin dependent diabetes mellitus, without the use of lancets. The NZ FreeStyle Libre Sensor is NOT compatible with the European FreeStyle Libre Readers.
WHY PRICK WHEN YOU CAN SCAN?1
The days of routine glucose testing with lancets, test strips and blood are over.2
Welcome to flash glucose monitoring!
WHY CHOOSE THE FREESTYLE LIBRE FLASH GLUCOSE MONITORING SYSTEM?
- A small sensor automatically measures and continuously stores glucose readings day and night3
- Glucose readings with a painless 1 second scan even through clothing4
- Swim, shower or exercise — the FreeStyle Libre system is designed to be water-resistant and worn while bathing, showering, swimming5 and exercising
- With every scan you get your current glucose reading, the last 8 hours of glucose data and an arrow showing the direction your glucose is heading.
HOW TO USE THE FREESTYLE LIBRE
The FreeStyle Libre Flash Glucose Monitoring System is a glucose monitoring device indicated for detecting trends and tracking patterns in persons aged 4 and older with insulin dependent diabetes mellitus15. Health professionals and consumers should be aware about the limitations of available scientific evidence for use of this device in any other groups of patients who require diabetes management.
- Apply the sensor - The FreeStyle Libre sensor is applied on to the back of the upper arm with a simple, disposable device called an applicator. When the sensor is applied, a thin, flexible and sterile fibre is inserted just under the skin. It is held in place with a small adhesive pad. Most people feel no pain when applying the sensor.14
- Scan sensor - To obtain a glucose reading, simply perform a quick, painless 1-second scan of the reader over the sensor. This scan gives you more information than monitoring with blood glucose test strip, without the need for routine finger pricks. The FreeStyle Libre system also offers software to generate concise reports to assist with the analysis of glucose data.
- Get reading - Each scan of the reader over the sensor gives a current glucose reading, the last 8-hours of glucose history, and a trend arrow showing if glucose is going up, down, or changing slowly. The reader can even scan through clothing with a thickness of up to 4 mm.4
THE FREESTYLE LIBRE SENSOR
The FreeStyle Libre Sensor represents technology that is much less intrusive than traditional blood glucose monitoring and makes glucose testing hassle-free.9
Small size (35 mm x 5 mm)
- Discreet - convenient to wear under clothing10
Designed to stay on the body for up to 14 days
- Only needs to be applied once every 2 weeks
Requires no finger prick calibration
- Eliminates painful finger pricks needed for calibration
- You can lead an active lifestyle
THE FREESTYLE LIBRE READER
The FreeStyle Libre reader harnesses advanced sensor-based technology to read glucose data, then instantly displays the data in a meaningful, user-friendly way.
Compact and lightweight12
- Easy to hold and carry around12
Provides easy to read graphs
- Offers easy-to-understand graphs with a quick summary of glucose history
Backlit colour touchscreen
- Enhances the user experience, can be read in the dark
Stores 90 days of glucose data
- Provides a complete glucose picture over 3 months13